What is AIMS?
AIMS International Music School offers a week of fantastic singing classes, performance opportunities, along with concerts and social events. We have space for around 200 students, who come from all over the world, to work with Tutors and House Pianists from the top British Conservatoires and Opera Houses. The AIMS Bursary Fund is a registered charity, no. 1123905.
Who is it for?
Singers of all ages (18 plus) and abilities. We have courses for Solo and Choral singers, or you may like to opt for our Crossover course, which allows you to choose a mixture of classes from each. We also offer a course specifically for Piano Accompanists, with timetables tailored to specific areas of interest.
When is it?
Our main main AIMS residential Summer School takes place from 16 – 23 August 2015 in Eastbourne. Our non-residential Mini-AIMS course is in London on 11-12 April 2015. Click here to download our 2015 brochure.
- Opening concert given by multi award-winning and internationally renowned choir, VOCES8, in All Saints Church
- Celebrity Masterclass with the Director of the National Opera Studio, Kathryn Harries
- A staged performance of Mozart’s The Magic Flute with two different casts for each act, alongside several other semi-staged opera scenes
- Our main AIMS Choir (in which all choral students are invited to sing) will work on both Handel’s and Purcell’s Ode to St Cecilia, conducted by Robert Dean
- Smaller vocal ensembles will study works including Vaughan-Williams Serenade to Music and Schumann Partsongs
- Our Early Music tutors will prepare a semi-staged performance of Schütz Seven Last Words from the Cross
- On the lighter side, there will be a performance of extracts from Ivor Novello operettas, in addition to our ever-popular Parlour Music and Cabaret
- Our Music Theatre class will work on scenes from Sondheim’s ‘Into The Woods’, currently a hollywood movie.
What people think
A hugely successful and well run course. Everything ran like clockwork, information and assistance was easy to access and everyone was very friendly and supportive.
You have done something very special in reaching out to such a wide spectrum of singers of all tastes, abilities and ages. Most important is the warmth and friendship fuelled within such a week together.
The technical input we get always hits the spot. We hear so many singers voices get transformed and everyone is so encouraging, kind and patient.
What a sublime week of singing, laughter and discovery!
The college is a great place to be and very beautiful but it’s the people that made it the amazingly warm and supportive atmosphere that was so wonderful to be part of.