What is AIMS?
AIMS International Music School offers a week of fantastic singing classes, performance opportunities, along with concerts and social events. We have space for around 200 students, who come from all over the world, to work with Tutors and House Pianists from the top British Conservatoires and Opera Houses. The AIMS Bursary Fund is a registered charity, no. 1123905.
Who is it for?
Singers of all ages (18 plus) and abilities. We have courses for Solo and Choral singers, or you may like to opt for our Crossover course, which allows you to choose a mixture of classes from each. We also offer a course specifically for Piano Accompanists, with timetables tailored to specific areas of interest.
When is it?
Our main AIMS residential Summer School will take place from 20 – 27 August 2017 in Eastbourne. Our non-residential Mini-AIMS course will be in London on 22 – 23 April 2017.
Highlights for 2017 include…
- Opening Gala Recital by internationally renowned bass-baritone, Stephan Loges, whose programme will reflect the 2017 theme of Myths and Legends.
- Celebrity Masterclass with the wonderful and world renowned Irish Mezzo, Dame Ann Murray
- Four staged opera scenes will be taken from works based on the theme of Myths and Legends .
- Our Early Music tutors will be working on scenes from Monteverdis Orfeo and the Oratori Choir will be working on an unusual programme revealing the evolution and composition of Handels Messiah. Solo singers will perform the earlier solo chamber duets which Handel transformed into choruses.
- Our Music Theatre students will be performing extracts from Sondhiem’s dark and memorable, Sweeney Todd and there will also be our ever popular Caberet class preparing their varied offerings for our entertainment .
- On the lighter side, the new Operetta class (an amalgam of the G&S chorus and Parlour music) will prepare scenes from Offenbachs Orpheus in the Underworld.
What people think
Thank you for timetabling me such a wonderful week with such superb tutors, all so helpful. The difference that the tutors made for my singing in a very short time was quite overwhelming.
The concerts were stunning!- so well prepared and executed with precision, emotion and huge commitment. It is particularly wonderful to see all the young people enjoying the singing. You are giving them and us all experiences we will never forget .
Neil, what wonderful music you choose, such a variety.
Congratulations on a wonderful week (even organising such fabulous weather!)
Thank you for a wonderful AIMS this August. It was, as ever, a treat to share time and music within such a supportive and diverse group of people. The theme was imaginatively interpreted at all levels. The smooth organisation and office staff support was also impressive. Well done. I cant wait for next year! .